Martin M-PC installation support
 Having Maxxyz PC re-installation problems
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Troy Van Berry

711 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  23:42:10  Show Profile
Hi,
I was running 2.3.0 on my PC(P4, XP pro) for 3 months and everything was fine. Then I tried to update to the new beta and couldn't get it up & running. The program seemed to install fine, but there was no DMX output. After reading all related post on the forum, I tried to re-instsll the beta and this time it would not let me even access my show and said the files had been corrupted. So i have tried to go backwards and go back to 2.3.0, de-installing the microsft SQL items, and re-install them, but now I get a database installation error on the Maxxyz PC software, and the program fails to load. I'm really at a loss here as to what to do. I've downloaded the program from the Maxxyz website a couple of times to make sure the file is not corrupted, so I think that is ok. I'm trying to cover all my bases before I call Matthias, but at this point I need HELP!!!
I'm just hoping I have not lost all my previous work.

thanks,
Troy
Starsound Audio Productions
(775) 331-1031

Troy Van Berry

711 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2008 :  20:37:16  Show Profile
No Help?
Come on guys, I relly need somw ideas here.

I have tried again several times tooo install. Here is the error message I get:

Error:27552. Error creating catalog data server. Microsoft SQL Server/ Maxxyz. Create Database Failed. Some file names could not be created. Check related errors.(1802)

I remove the old SQL files before trying the install, and the new install of the SQL items seems to go fine, but the install fails during the Maxxyz part of the installation attempt. HELP!!![:)]
Go to Top of Page

Ford

30 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2008 :  20:59:24  Show Profile
Hi Troy,

When I had problems last fall this is what I had to do:

1. When SQL error appears during installation, do not hit retry or cancel.
2. Go into control panel > administrative tools > services. Under properties of SQL Server (Maxxyz) change the logon to Local System Account.
3. Go back to error message and select retry to continue with the installation.

Go to Top of Page

Software Group

327 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2008 :  10:58:31  Show Profile
Although the latest software configures Ford's suggestion automatically, you could check that setting. Otherwise have a look in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.?\MSSQL\Data and delete any files that start with CatalogData, UserData or MaxxyzShow. Replace the question mark with the instance number (if you don't have any other software installed that relies on Microsoft's SQL server, it'll probably be 1, making MSSQL.1).

Best regards,

Gert Leunen
Maxxyz Software
Go to Top of Page

Troy Van Berry

711 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2008 :  18:13:29  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ford[/i]
[br]Hi Troy,

When I had problems last fall this is what I had to do:

1. When SQL error appears during installation, do not hit retry or cancel.
2. Go into control panel > administrative tools > services. Under properties of SQL Server (Maxxyz) change the logon to Local System Account.
3. Go back to error message and select retry to continue with the installation.

Thanks Ford, but you missed in my post that the problem is not with the SQL installation.("I remove the old SQL files before trying the install, and the new install of the SQL items seems to go fine") I do not get any errors with that part of it. The problem is in the Maxxyz installation. So, I will try again using the advise from Software group, and get back to you.
Go to Top of Page

Troy Van Berry

711 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2008 :  23:11:49  Show Profile
Hi,

Ok, i took your approach to clear the SQL data before the install, and the install seemed to go perfect, with no error messages. Until I tried to open MaxxyzPC and now I get this:

Internal Error Could not load 'akw' from assembly
'RDIinternational . Maxxyz Controls, Version=1.2.314.0, culture=neutral, Public Key Token=Null'.

What's up with this? Any ideas. This is getting a little frustrating, after all, were a Martin Dealer!!!!![V]

Troy Berry
Lighting Director
Starsound Audio Productions
Go to Top of Page

Software Group

327 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  13:23:11  Show Profile
Some binaries must have been left over due to the earlier failures and block updates. Uninstall Maxxyz PC (not the SQL server or any parts of it, just Maxxyz PC itself), remove the Maxxyz folder in Program Files/Martin Professional and re-install.

Best regards,

Gert Leunen
Maxxyz Software
Go to Top of Page

Troy Van Berry

711 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  20:04:06  Show Profile
Thank You for your help! Maxxyz back up & running now! The real lesson I learned here is of course, always backup your work before trying to upgrade to a new software version. I had a feeling when I started the upgrade that I forgot an important step, and I was right. But at least I didn't lose all my work, just some of it.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Shepherd

646 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  22:16:50  Show Profile
Given the problems seen with reinstallation of the PC version, it would be a BIG help if someone could take the time to list, step by ordered step, what you should do to remove an old version and put in a new one to minimize frustration. I know there are particular steps in a particular order but I don't do them often enough that I remember. If someone actually does list the exact steps I'll file them away for future reference. THANK YOU. (You may feel free to title your submission MAXxyz PC installation for dummies)
Go to Top of Page

lulighttec

28 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2013 :  15:20:37  Show Profile
Here is a possible answer. This worked for me. In my case, I had done a clean install of Windows, but used the User State Migration Tool to migrate my documents from a previous installation, which caused this error because of these files.

http://www.martin.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22979&SearchTerms=Error,27552

Hope this helps,
Newlin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000