Controllers
 Martin M-PC installation support
 apple os X (10.5.7) and Parallels Desktop
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Justin Thomas

125 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  20:22:58  Show Profile
has anyone been able to make MPC work on a MacbookPro using Parallels Desktop? I can't get MPC to recognize the HASP and be online. The HASP is associated with the Virtual PC and MPC works fine, other than being offline.

Douglas808

126 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2013 :  02:28:28  Show Profile
Did this issue ever get resolved? Thinking of purchasing a MacbookPro.
Go to Top of Page

Douglas808

126 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2013 :  20:07:58  Show Profile
Well, now that I've gone Mac, there's no going back. Now I just need to get my MAC's to work on my Mac. I'm running OS X (10.8.5)

I'm planning on trying BootCamp to run MaxxyzPC via Windows. Will it work? Has anyone done this? Should I save myself a lot of time and frustration?

And back to the OP. Does Parallels work?
Go to Top of Page

Justin Thomas

125 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2013 :  04:09:56  Show Profile
I can use MPC just fine now. The issue was related to the old HASP dongle, but with the one key, its just fine. I use MPC with the M2PC hardware, and have no issues at all.
Go to Top of Page

Douglas808

126 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2013 :  20:24:13  Show Profile
I've just installed M-PC on my MacBook Pro, OS X (10.9) using VMware Fusion running Windows 7 Home Premium. It seems to be working okay on preliminary test. I'm getting a showfile save error but showfile seems to be saving anyway. MPC is not recognizing my HASP but not an issue as I only have one USBDMX.
Go to Top of Page

microbyte

512 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  20:39:42  Show Profile
I'm also a MacBook owner and if you let me give my opinion, I think you should install Windows via BootCamp, because you will have a much more stable system that you can rely for live shows.

Don't forget that when you work in a Virtual Machine, the Operating System communicating with the Hardware will be the main one (in your case OSX).
OSX will serve as a bridge between your Windows in VM and your hardware, and as you should understand, that will give you delays between the two.

Moreover, I have a Dual-Core 2.66 Ghz that I doubt it would have a good performance under those conditions (VM)... Virtual Machines are good for testing, but I wouldn't rely on it for live performances.

Just my 2 cents. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000