Archive
 Maxedia Version 4.x Software
 Maxedia new features coming soon
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Controller Support 2

1783 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2010 :  01:45:42  Show Profile
I just wanted to give a quick preview of some new features we will roll out soon and present at the PLASA show in London.

Video Output mapping

Any pixel can be grabbed and repositioned on the output as needed.
Has a graphical and numerical interface.
Specific output section can be send to pixelmapping and it can be disabled in the actual video output.

Video Input up to 8 Video Inputs

User Interface Locking

Cuelists

Create playlists to combine cues, transitions and automated triggers.

tovi

17 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2010 :  08:32:23  Show Profile
amazing

Go to Top of Page

Kris VH

1629 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2010 :  09:24:22  Show Profile
Looks great Matthias!
Go to Top of Page

Fredrik D

74 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2010 :  09:33:22  Show Profile
The Cuelist feature is very welcome!

Another feature on my which list, that I mentioned a few times before, is "Layer Keystone". Simply the ability to keystone an individual layer, the same way the new "Layer Framing" works.
In December we will start program a show where this would reduce the programming from tedious to a breeze.
Go to Top of Page

Raśl

722 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2010 :  09:50:31  Show Profile
WOW!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Raśl

722 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2010 :  09:52:23  Show Profile
You you need to put all your effort to make all layer channels controllable by DMX!
Go to Top of Page

Brad Haynes

149 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2010 :  16:09:55  Show Profile
CUELIST....:) Yes!
Go to Top of Page

Jirwind

278 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2010 :  02:16:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Raśl

You you need to put all your effort to make all layer channels controllable by DMX!

Urgent

Great work Matt, 8 Live Inputs, and Cuelist, [:)]
Go to Top of Page

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2010 :  03:52:17  Show Profile
Question about the Layer DMX controle... how many channels per layer would you find acceptable?

Really think about your answer.... :-) Think how Maxedia works...

Go to Top of Page

Jirwind

278 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2010 :  04:51:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pelletier

Question about the Layer DMX controle... how many channels per layer would you find acceptable?

I think that it is necessary that they are controlled de all parameters,with no need a cue, Similar to Catalyst, or similar a Top Layer, with the all efects and parameters

Paul, and a one Maxedia "manager" for control of anothers Maxedias it“s a Good idea [:)]
Go to Top of Page

Controller Support 2

1783 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2010 :  08:53:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jirwind

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pelletier

I think that it is necessary that they are controlled de all parameters,with no need a cue, Similar to Catalyst, or similar a Top Layer, with the all efects and parameters

Paul, and a one Maxedia "manager" for control of anothers Maxedias it“s a Good idea [:)]

All parameters are a lot! Every shader FX has up to 7 parameters and they are all different per effect. Just in color parameters we have almost 40 sliders I think.
It is not possible to map every control of Maxedia to DMX.
Look at plugins like Text. How do you map this to DMX?

There are a lot of challenges as Maxedia is designed with a different philosophy.
Go to Top of Page

Raśl

722 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2010 :  10:22:33  Show Profile
Paul, Matthias,

Maybe all is not easy. But is unaceptable being not able to control layer framing (for example) by dmx.

One posibility will be create a new DMX layout, starting from 0 (WITHOUT LOOSE THE CURRENT ONE), and make DMX channels dinamically, for example. If you have 6 dmx channels they can be mapped like this:

I know that this will limit features access and will be very dificult to program like this, but meybe is an idea that can be improved to make all channels accesible by dmx. Then, Maxxyz for example, can change the Channels Labels dinamically to follow Maxedia...
Go to Top of Page

deejaybaze

50 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2010 :  10:51:35  Show Profile
One thought.
The video in section, is i possible To make it like following:
We now have default video in card, vnc and a dual dvi capture card.
But on The default input we have The possibillity To chose between s-video, composit and Tv-tuner. In The software we can Only use one at a time. The possibility To choose The inputs from The card in different inputs would be great. Like, IN1 = S-Video, IN2 = Composit, IN3 = Tv- Tuner.
Go to Top of Page

Wetal_Pravdin

58 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  21:58:18  Show Profile
Video Output mapping - it is excellent! It would be very convenient, if each layer could appropriate size and position to what or chosen source.

1. 3D/Framing shift/choice source (Unit of measure pixels)
2. 3D/Size/choice sourse/fit height, fit width, original size (Unit of measure %)
3. 3D/Position/choice source//The left top (left down, right top, right down, center) corner????
4.User presets (size, position, framing .........)
Go to Top of Page

Marc Colemont

897 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2010 :  10:14:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by deejaybaze

One thought.
The video in section, is i possible To make it like following:
We now have default video in card, vnc and a dual dvi capture card.
But on The default input we have The possibillity To chose between s-video, composit and Tv-tuner. In The software we can Only use one at a time. The possibility To choose The inputs from The card in different inputs would be great. Like, IN1 = S-Video, IN2 = Composit, IN3 = Tv- Tuner.

That is limited by the card itself. It routes one of the 3 possible sources to the PCI bus.
Go to Top of Page

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2010 :  07:48:04  Show Profile
Here's another feature coming soon... Up to 8 input HD-SDI.

This shows the early test of the Maxedia Broadcast from Martin Professional running 8 layers with video in HD-SDI 1920x 1080 @ 60fps - 2 frame latency
Watch the CPU load @ 24%!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PaulP514#p/a/u/0/OBUWJQBTSFQ
Go to Top of Page

carpjes

4 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  16:42:55  Show Profile
Is there already a beta available? Or when can we download and test the new version?
Can't wait to work with the new output mapper and quelist! Keep up the good work!

What is the status of the offline Maxedia version, target was plaza?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000