Archive
 Maxxyz Hardware
 install Issue
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David Roy

49 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  21:10:51  Show Profile
I'm trying to install the latest software on a Maxxyz compact. I've downloaded and burned two DVD+R copies of the full 2.62.364 release that has all versions of the software on it.

The system recognizes the discs fine as "Boot Recovery" and I can browse to all the files, but I can't get the machine to boot from the disc. I've checked the boot priority and USB:DVD has priority one. I've also checked my HDD Bios settings like the instructions say. What seems to happen is that the machine displays "Boot from CD" and I hear the disc spin, but then the console continues booting normally. Interestingly I only hear the CD drive spin to it's highest speed after the MAXXYZ Logo screen appears.

I have tried with two copies of the disc and no go-I never get to the boot recovery screen. Console waits a moment at the "Boot from CD" message, then continues booting normally.

Is there a way to force it to boot from the CD? What am I doing wrong?

Controller Support 2

1783 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  21:35:53  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by David Roy

I'm trying to install the latest software on a Maxxyz compact. I've downloaded and burned two DVD+R copies of the full 2.62.364 release that has all versions of the software on it.

The system recognizes the discs fine as "Boot Recovery" and I can browse to all the files, but I can't get the machine to boot from the disc. I've checked the boot priority and USB:DVD has priority one. I've also checked my HDD Bios settings like the instructions say. What seems to happen is that the machine displays "Boot from CD" and I hear the disc spin, but then the console continues booting normally. Interestingly I only hear the CD drive spin to it's highest speed after the MAXXYZ Logo screen appears.

I have tried with two copies of the disc and no go-I never get to the boot recovery screen. Console waits a moment at the "Boot from CD" message, then continues booting normally.

Is there a way to force it to boot from the CD? What am I doing wrong?

The drive may not like your DVD type or burn speed.
Try CD-R, they are more forgiving.

Go to Top of Page

David Roy

49 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  04:13:58  Show Profile
Thanks Matthias.

As it happens, I powered off the console and moved it for something, and forgot that I hadn't removed the DVD. When I plugged it back in and re-started, it booted straight to the DVD. Maybe having the power cycled for a long time did it? Or maybe I just shook something when I moved the desk. Anyway, install complete.

On doing the firmware updates I did receive an error for (F0A0). The version on the console is 1.07, and the listed version is 2.06. It told me to move a jumper cable and re-try, also that I had to wipe the firmware of the device first. I don't have any USB-DMX devices (unless this is the internal one?) and my whole show runs over the EtherDMX, so I skipped it and haven't had any troubles.

New Software version looks great, and have had great functionality so far. It's been over a year and a half since I last used a maxxyz and the changes since then are outstanding. Good work all.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Controller Support 2

1783 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  05:37:32  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks Matthias.

As it happens, I powered off the console and moved it for something, and forgot that I hadn't removed the DVD. When I plugged it back in and re-started, it booted straight to the DVD. Maybe having the power cycled for a long time did it? Or maybe I just shook something when I moved the desk. Anyway, install complete.

On doing the firmware updates I did receive an error for (F0A0). The version on the console is 1.07, and the listed version is 2.06. It told me to move a jumper cable and re-try, also that I had to wipe the firmware of the device first. I don't have any USB-DMX devices (unless this is the internal one?) and my whole show runs over the EtherDMX, so I skipped it and haven't had any troubles.

New Software version looks great, and have had great functionality so far. It's been over a year and a half since I last used a maxxyz and the changes since then are outstanding. Good work all.

Thanks.

F0A0 is the DMX IN PCB.
Maybe it shows as "unknown". Highlight it and check "program unknown PCB", then browse for the DMX512 IN file inside the Maxxyz Compact folder.

Nice to hear you like the work we did.
Go to Top of Page

David Roy

49 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  19:18:36  Show Profile
Matthias,

The error I'm getting is this:
The console sees two F0A0 devices v01.08 DIPS:1 and DIPS:0 They display as USBDMXIN
I select the device in the USB screen and hit UPDATE Firmware, and navigate to the more recent version in the compact folder on the Recovery Boot disk for 2.62.364
The console displays this message:
"Current version older than file version
Sending new firmware...
Verifying new firmware...
ERROR: device content different from file
Upload failed. Place program jumper and re-attach device
Erase device before reprogramming"

I get the same response on both the DIPS:1 and the DIPS:0. I also get the same message regardless of whether the unknown PCB box is checked or not.
I'm not too concerned with getting the dmx in working properly at the moment since I'm not using it, but would like to solve this.

I'm having a different error though that's more important:
I have a standard external monitor attached (Not a touchscreen). I haven't changed the software default of 800x600.
Whenever I mouse over to something on the external monitor and click on it I get this message:
"Access violation at address 4EC6BF5E gdiplus.dll
Write of address XXXXXXXX" (XXXXXXXX changes based on where on the screen I click. two examples are: 01008164 and 01135224)

I've double checked all the firmware on the console and this is what I know to be out of date:
FOAO USB due to above problem installing it.
Maxxyz Timecode IIC PCBs:
There are many IIC PCBs listed as unkown device (name: FABBh) and I don't seem to have any matching information to program them. I can't find firmware anywhere that would seem to belong to these devices.

Thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

Controller Support 2

1783 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  20:20:47  Show Profile
quote:

Matthias,

The error I'm getting is this:
The console sees two F0A0 devices v01.08 DIPS:1 and DIPS:0 They display as USBDMXIN
I select the device in the USB screen and hit UPDATE Firmware, and navigate to the more recent version in the compact folder on the Recovery Boot disk for 2.62.364
The console displays this message:
"Current version older than file version
Sending new firmware...
Verifying new firmware...
ERROR: device content different from file
Upload failed. Place program jumper and re-attach device
Erase device before reprogramming"

I get the same response on both the DIPS:1 and the DIPS:0. I also get the same message regardless of whether the unknown PCB box is checked or not.
I'm not too concerned with getting the dmx in working properly at the moment since I'm not using it, but would like to solve this.

I'm having a different error though that's more important:
I have a standard external monitor attached (Not a touchscreen). I haven't changed the software default of 800x600.
Whenever I mouse over to something on the external monitor and click on it I get this message:
"Access violation at address 4EC6BF5E gdiplus.dll
Write of address XXXXXXXX" (XXXXXXXX changes based on where on the screen I click. two examples are: 01008164 and 01135224)

I've double checked all the firmware on the console and this is what I know to be out of date:
FOAO USB due to above problem installing it.
Maxxyz Timecode IIC PCBs:
There are many IIC PCBs listed as unkown device (name: FABBh) and I don't seem to have any matching information to program them. I can't find firmware anywhere that would seem to belong to these devices.

Thoughts?

To fix the GDI error install this patch:

ftp://ftp.martin.dk/controller/Maxxyz/Maxxyz%20Compact/Release/QFE2.62.364.1.SetupMaxxyzModule.exe

I will have to research a bit on your DMX input firmware.

All firmware files are with the software on the harddrive, no need to use the CD.
Go to Top of Page

David Roy

49 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  23:25:36  Show Profile
Thanks. Will install the above file tonight. I miss-typed when I mentioned the CD, I had the disc in the drive and didn't realize that the folder I was working in was rooted in the HDD not the DVD.

Like I said, not too worried about the USB DMX at the moment but would like to get it done just so everything is wrapped up.

Slightly concerned about the timecode IIC PCBs, but I can't find anything that seems to relate directly too them, and the console is processing SMPT fine at the moment.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Controller Support 2

1783 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  04:02:47  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks. Will install the above file tonight. I miss-typed when I mentioned the CD, I had the disc in the drive and didn't realize that the folder I was working in was rooted in the HDD not the DVD.

Like I said, not too worried about the USB DMX at the moment but would like to get it done just so everything is wrapped up.

Slightly concerned about the timecode IIC PCBs, but I can't find anything that seems to relate directly too them, and the console is processing SMPT fine at the moment.

Thanks again.

What firmware version does your SMPTE pcb show?
Go to Top of Page

David Roy

49 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  14:37:39  Show Profile
Matthias,

I'm erring on the side of too much information, just to be sure. Here's the PCB firmware update window:

USB devices:
F0C8 Maxxyz Timecode v01.18 DIPS:250 (selected)

IIC devices:
02h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
04h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
06h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
08h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
0Ah FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
0Ch FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
0Eh FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
10h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
12h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
14h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
16h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
18h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
1Ah FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
1Ch FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
1Eh FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
20h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
22h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
24h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
26h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
28h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
2Ah FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
2Ch FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
2Eh FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
30h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
32h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
34h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh

Also, regarding the DMX in problem, Here's that information from the updater screen

USB Devices:
F0A0 MaxxyzS USB-DMX v01.08 DIPS:1 (Selected)

IIC devices:
86h F0A0h USBDMX DMXIn 01h 0101h

------------------------
Second instance
------------------------

USB devices:
F0A0 MaxxyzS USB-DMX v01.08 DIPS:0

IIC devices:
86h FFFFh Unkown PCB FFh FFFFh

All other PCBs have been updated successfully and show the current version both against what's available in the console and the "Updating Maxxyz Firmware 2.62.364.pdf" document.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Controller Support 2

1783 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  00:02:42  Show Profile
quote:

Matthias,

I'm erring on the side of too much information, just to be sure. Here's the PCB firmware update window:

USB devices:
F0C8 Maxxyz Timecode v01.18 DIPS:250 (selected)

IIC devices:
02h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
04h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
06h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
08h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
0Ah FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
0Ch FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
0Eh FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
10h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
12h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
14h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
16h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
18h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
1Ah FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
1Ch FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
1Eh FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
20h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
22h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
24h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
26h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
28h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
2Ah FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
2Ch FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
2Eh FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
30h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
32h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh
34h FABBh Unkown PCB E2h 5F7Fh

Also, regarding the DMX in problem, Here's that information from the updater screen

USB Devices:
F0A0 MaxxyzS USB-DMX v01.08 DIPS:1 (Selected)

IIC devices:
86h F0A0h USBDMX DMXIn 01h 0101h

------------------------
Second instance
------------------------

USB devices:
F0A0 MaxxyzS USB-DMX v01.08 DIPS:0

IIC devices:
86h FFFFh Unkown PCB FFh FFFFh

All other PCBs have been updated successfully and show the current version both against what's available in the console and the "Updating Maxxyz Firmware 2.62.364.pdf" document.

Thanks

You are all good.
There is only ONE DMX in port. All the other "unknown devices" you can ignore.
Go to Top of Page

David Roy

49 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  15:55:46  Show Profile
Thanks!

Everything is going well with the new software.

I noticed a couple odd behaviors, but nothing important enough to write down. I'll make a list and send it when I'm done with this show.

Software is really great though. Fast, stable... between that and the iPhone remote ability I'm really enjoying this show. I had to use a Road Hog last month for something (all the shop had available) and it was a total bummer. You might have to help me get my hands on a maxxyz more often. :)
Go to Top of Page

Controller Support 2

1783 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  18:23:59  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks!

Everything is going well with the new software.

I noticed a couple odd behaviors, but nothing important enough to write down. I'll make a list and send it when I'm done with this show.

Software is really great though. Fast, stable... between that and the iPhone remote ability I'm really enjoying this show. I had to use a Road Hog last month for something (all the shop had available) and it was a total bummer. You might have to help me get my hands on a maxxyz more often. :)

Feel free to email me directly at mh (at) martinpro dot com

Keep in mind that the M1 also uses the same software and has no limitation besides the Universe count (4 standard, up to 12 with Ether2DMX8 connected). They are starting to hit the rental market in the US so you should be able to get your hands on one.

Thanks for the compliments!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000