Controllers
 P3 System Controller
 Feature Focus: Video Presets
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wouter Verlinden

294 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2011 :  22:53:42  Show Profile
The amount of Video Presets (and their possibilities) have changed significantly with the introduction of the V2 Firmware. Time for a walkthrough with some screenshots...

Remark: Even if you intend to use only 1 set of video input parameters, it is recommended to store these parameters into a Video Preset.

For this example I made a panel layout with 48 LC2140+ panels...

After switching to the Video Input View, I selected Component Video as the source I want to use in my first Video Preset.

You will notice that the source is displayed in its native resolution, not (yet) scaled to the size of the LED Screen.

Before I start to modify the scaling, I lock the aspect ratio to a specific ratio (to prevent uneven image stretching).

In this example I scaled the image to a height of 288 pixels. Notice that the width of the image got modified as well (as the aspect ratio was locked).

There are two methods to bring the panels to the center of the video. You can drag them over the video, or you can enter absolute position parameters in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Video parameters like contrast and lowlight can also be modified here (and they will also be stored into the Video Preset).

You record a Video Preset by right-clicking one of the Video Preset buttons, and selecting record.

Properties of a Video Preset can also be accessed by right-clicking the button.

You can give the Video Preset a name and assign a fade time.

For the next Video Preset I will use a DVI source with a totally different resolution. Once I select DVI-D as source, it will appear (unscaled).

With the aspect ratio locked, I scaled it down to 288 pixels high as well (width is bigger than with previous Video Preset as this resolution has a 16:9 aspect ratio).

The position of the source can be modified using the X and Y Offset parameter in the scaling window to bring it at the right position behind the panels. You can't drag the panels to a new position, as panel positioning is the only paramater that is not stored within the Video Presets.

Global parameters like screen brightness and colour temperature can also be modified and stored within a Video Preset.

Record again, into another Video Preset.

And modify properties of this second Video Preset.

Video Presets can be recalled by an operator behind the P3 System Controller in the Live View (showsafe environment where Video Presets can only be recalled and not modified).

Or remotely by a lighting desk, if you patched the Preset Recall channel (which is also part of the Global Control Control Set / Personality).

PS: Every setting within the Video Input view is stored into the Video Presets, except the position of the panels. If you want to store different positions within the Video Presets, you should use the X and Y Offset parameter in the scaling window to move the position of the video versus the position of the panels.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000