Archive
 Maxedia Hardware
 MTC timecode from HD 24 Alesis
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jens

2 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2011 :  21:49:04  Show Profile
How can I get MTC Timecode from Alesis HD 24 into MAXEDIA?

Marc Colemont

897 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2011 :  10:56:58  Show Profile
As the Alesis HD 24 has Midi Time Code coming out of the unit, you just need a USB midi device like the ones from M-Audio Midisports 1x1 an other variants.
Go to Top of Page

Marc Colemont

897 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2011 :  10:59:01  Show Profile
By the way, as MTC is a lot of data per second. Keep in mind that many of these third party hardware MIDI devices can easily lock up themselves when MTC is received while no application clears/read their buffers.
So Maxedia best needs to be up and running before applying MTC into the USB MIDI hardware to avoid that.
Go to Top of Page

mcochran

137 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2012 :  20:24:51  Show Profile
Has anyone made this work? I am trying to send Midi timecode from Qlab to maxedia. I have installed Drivers for the midisport 1x1 and the maxedia recognizes that it is there. LED light is blinking away on the midisport when tc is present. however maxedia does not show anything in the counter
Go to Top of Page

Jens

2 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2012 :  22:54:27  Show Profile
I had the same problem with m-audio I tryed the Cakewalk UM-1G now it is working very stable!
Go to Top of Page

mcochran

137 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2012 :  01:18:05  Show Profile
I have Been fighting with this for days now and I have finally got it working. Here are my findings

Midisport 1x1 and midisport Uno will not transmit timecode. don't waste your time with them.

E-mu Xmidi 1x1 transmits timecode fine however I could not get the drivers to load on maxedia.

M-audio Fast track pro win XP service pack 2 drivers loaded on maxedia and now allows timecode to be recieved.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000