Maxedia Hardware
 Maxedia Revision A
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dps

3 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  11:29:57  Show Profile
Dear forum-users,
we got offered a used Maxedia Pro Revision A. Where are the differences between Revision A compared to e.g. Revision C? I heard that there is a possibility to upgrade the hardware to a higher / latest Hardware Revision. Does anybody know if this is really possible, how does that work (could we do this on our own?) and how much could this cost? Thanks very much in advance for your answers.

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  17:47:51  Show Profile
Revsion A can only run the older version 3.0

There's an upgrade path from Maxedia Pro to Maxedia Broadcast. This is well worth the money.

Contact your country Martin distributor (not a simple dealer) they can then contact us for price information.

Go to Top of Page

dps

3 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  23:44:10  Show Profile
Dear Mr. Pelletier,

thank you very much for the quick answer. We will probably do it as you suggested and contact our Martin Distributor.
Go to Top of Page

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  00:31:07  Show Profile
Where are you based?
Go to Top of Page

dps

3 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2012 :  22:34:25  Show Profile
We are based in southern Germany near Karlsruhe. We will cross check on Pro Light and Sound in FRA on Martin exhibition stand. Can you give me a short Info, where are the main difference between "pro" and "broadcast" are? Tks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  01:52:09  Show Profile
The Broadcast can play up to 8 Full HD and has 2 dedictaed video cards.
Go to Top of Page

robkurtz

274 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  07:22:44  Show Profile
I too am looking at possibly buying a Rev A Maxedia. I was told there is an upgrade as well. With the upgrade it can run the 4.x software? What does the upgrade replace? I was told the Mother Boards for A are old now and not manufactured. What are the benefits, if any, of buying a brand new Broadcast instead of making the Revision A a Broadcast?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000