Archive
 Maxedia Version 4.x Software
 Cannot save mxshow
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob McInteer

94 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  00:33:25  Show Profile
Every time I try to save a mxshow I'm getting an alert "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." It does this no matter where I try to put the mxshow. I have plenty of disc space.

It is, or course, keeping my changes so I can shut down and bring the show back up, so I'm only mildly alarmed. Sooner or later, though, I'm going to need to save the mxshow.

Any ideas?

Bob McInteer

94 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  16:31:24  Show Profile
Anyone? I think the guidance I'm looking for is whether this is likely an OS issue, or whether my show has become corrupt. I can sync my cues and media over to the other Maxedia, but I don't want to mess up my only other resource by corrupting that show too. My show is less than a week away and I need to decide what to do.
Go to Top of Page

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  19:09:55  Show Profile
I never seen that one.
Maybe an OS issue.

At this point, here what you need to do a backup.

On the E Driver, there's a SHOWS folder.
Each of the subfolder of that folder are different shows.

Copy them to an external drive.

You will have everything backed up
Go to Top of Page

Administrator

3932 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  03:18:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bob McInteer

Every time I try to save a mxshow I'm getting an alert "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." It does this no matter where I try to put the mxshow. I have plenty of disc space.

It is, or course, keeping my changes so I can shut down and bring the show back up, so I'm only mildly alarmed. Sooner or later, though, I'm going to need to save the mxshow.

Any ideas?

Do you save a showfile with all content?
The final file can't be more than 2GB. I think the Maxedia shows this error when that happens (it should show a more useful warning). This is due to a limit in the compression system used and I guess it was never really corrected.

Go to Top of Page

Bob McInteer

94 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  20:19:13  Show Profile
I got excited that this might be the problem because in the past I've saved some of these huge files. Turns out that, no, it's trying to do the simplest save without media - and still no dice. We were able to resolve the crisis over the weekend with Paul's help by moving the show, as he mentioned above, over to our other Maxedia. The show went over fine and the other Maxedia works well and will perform the save as a mxshow without a problem. So it looks like it was probably an OS/ software corruption problem. When I have time I'll do a reinstall to see if it makes the problem go away. I'll try to report back.
Go to Top of Page

Bob McInteer

94 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2012 :  21:03:51  Show Profile
Reinstalled the OS/software today and yes, that resolved the problem. Even with restoring a fairly huge show it all took less than an hour. Seems like this is the universal fix to many problems.
Go to Top of Page

Kris VH

1629 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  15:25:16  Show Profile
Hi Bob! Great that your Maxedia system is working again! May I notice that when upgrading Maxedia, it's also interesting to check if there's a new OS released. I have had several issues where people upgraded their Maxedia software but were running on a very old OS. And this caused very weird problems and symptoms. Although Maxedia seemed to be running fine. So I guess this may have been the issue on your case too.

Best Regards,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000