Controllers
 M2GO/M2PC/M-TOUCH Hardware
 M2GO as a wing for M1
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AndrewGough

2 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  09:47:39  Show Profile
Is there a way to make the M2GO a true fader wing for the M1 not just a parallel copy of whats happening on the M1?

Ofer Brum

6911 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  10:08:12  Show Profile
Hi,

Depending on what you want.

1. You can simply use it as an external desk, using DMX-In
2. You can uncheck the Master/Slave 'Bank Selection Sync' so each desk has its own bank, but the 2 still share the same show

Go to Top of Page

AndrewGough

2 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  10:10:53  Show Profile
Thanks for that.

Will this enable it to be used as another 10banks of programable flay back faders?
Go to Top of Page

Ofer Brum

6911 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  11:39:16  Show Profile
Yes. :-)

Please note that in a Master/Slave connection, 'Banks' are common to both consoles, as both are using the same show

The above check box will enable you to use Bank 1, for example on the M1, and Bank 11 on the M2GO
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  01:42:08  Show Profile
can the M2PC controller be able to be used like this? just curious...
Go to Top of Page

Ofer Brum

6911 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  03:49:32  Show Profile
Only when connected to a PC
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  04:45:02  Show Profile
ahh so basically the M1 needs to see a "console" of some sort in order to become a "wing"
Go to Top of Page

Ofer Brum

6911 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  11:20:58  Show Profile
Not really

You can simply use any DMX desk via DMX-In, then map it to any patched fixture (intensity control), or any cuelist programmed on the M1
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  14:18:08  Show Profile
so i can just connect the M2PC controller to the M1 and it will be recognised, or does it still need the laptop? i am only asking as i have just got my hands on a M2PC, and i have an M1. so i was just curious as to their connectivity.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Bleasdale

274 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  15:50:41  Show Profile
I believe the M2PC can be used as an external wing... Although its not documented yet! I haven't tried it, but you may as well give it a try and let us know how it works...

Plug your M2PC into a power source. Connect the USB cable from the M2PC to the M1. Now usually, when you connect a Max Module, a small popup appears in the bottom right corner of the M1 screen telling you it's been detected. Watch out for this... Once connected, go into the Menu, under System go the the DMX settings section and the USB2DMX tab. Usually, this is where Max Modules will appear. If the M2PC is connected, I guess it will appear here too so you can configure the DMX outputs on the back.

Give that a go... It might work, it might not. But it's worth a try! Ill try it with an M1 and M2PC next week. If it works, ill ensure its documented in the next user manual.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2013 :  15:52:04  Show Profile
If you connect an M2PC to an M1 directly from the USB port, it will simply mimic what ever the M1 is doing and vise-versa

if you want to sue it as a wing, then you have to network it with a PC running M-PC.

Go to Top of Page

mzagarn

810 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2013 :  00:38:40  Show Profile
is there plans to enable as a stand alone wing?
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2013 :  00:44:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mzagarn

is there plans to enable as a stand alone wing?

you can use a MaxModule...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000