Controllers
 M2GO/M2PC/M-TOUCH Hardware
 Linking (2) M2GOs
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThisIsDonut

5 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2013 :  23:30:17  Show Profile
I hope Im not re-asking something that was already answered here, but I wasnt able to find the specific info I needed.

I have 2 Martin M2GO desks, but want to use just 1 universe of DMX, and have bank 1 on the main desk, and bank 2 on the, lets call it "wing" desk for now.
I have several ideas on how to do this, and was able to link them VIA ethernet (cat5) but found that triggering playback from the second is not actually working on stage. Am I doing this wrong?
I also could link them via DMX-in but am unsure if I should use turn-arounds to wind up with a M->M 5pin.

Anyway, the real question Im asking is what is the RIGHT way to do this, where I can have access to the same show on both desks, but send the DMX from just the main board via U-1? (Essentially I just need the fader handles, not more universes or more screen access)

Ofer Brum

6911 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2013 :  23:51:10  Show Profile
You should be able to simply connect the 2 desks using Master/Slave

The secondary (Slave) desk then share the exact same show, taken from the Master, and keep all data up to date

You can easily un-sync banks, in order to have 20 handles at a time:
Menu\Network\Settings\Preferences\Bank Selection
Go to Top of Page

ThisIsDonut

5 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2013 :  01:10:23  Show Profile
Okay, so the bank-sync is my issue? I am able to see a different bank on the slave, just doesnt seem to send anything to the fixtures down the line... even when its on the same bank
Is there anything else to note when linking the two?
I used the PUSH show button to get it to pick up the show on the second desk, or the Join show... cant remember now as Im actually at the hotel and not the venue.
Either way, THANK YOU for the speedy replies and help Ofer, really appreciate this.
Go to Top of Page

ThisIsDonut

5 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2013 :  02:40:45  Show Profile
Wanted to follow up and say that it definitely worked after a reboot of both consoles... felt a bit like my father calling to figure the VCR out... ;) Thanks guys! Happy holidays, love the linked set up!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000