Controllers
 Martin M-PC installation support
 Universal DMX with WIn 7
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ratswallow

3 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  21:43:53  Show Profile
Upgraded to a new laptop with Win 7 Pro.
I have an older Universal DMX (the 2 universe black plasic box)

Decided to give MPC a shot, finally go tit installed after a few errors, but Win7 (64bit) will not load drivers for the DMX box.

Also tried installing Lightjockey 2.95.1 just for the drivers, but hardware still comes up as "Unknown Device" whenever I plug it in.
I have an Enttec Pro box as well that seems to work fine, but I'd like to use the actual Martin HArdware with MPC and LJ.

Any Ideas?
I've scoured the net looking for drivers, but links either are dead or tell me that the 64bit drivers are included now, but none of them seem to work.

ratswallow

3 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  05:24:22  Show Profile
I should add, Universal DMX works fine on my XP desktop with LJ, will try it with MPC next week, but cannot get the hardware to be recognized by Win7x64.
I've used LJ since the Parallel port days, but I don't have an XP laptop any more and certainly don't want to lug around a desktop.

I have the Jungo Connectivity "WinDriver" listed in my device manager, but when I plug in the dmx box it just gives me an "Unknown Device" and can't install.
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  14:24:38  Show Profile
have you tried installing the win9x drivers for the blackbox?
Go to Top of Page

ratswallow

3 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  20:57:51  Show Profile
Windows doesn't recognize the older drivers for the hardware, I'm assuming because they are x86 instead of x64 for the older OS.
I've tried all the drivers I can possibly find and nothing has worked to his point.
The Included package from M-PC, the included package with LJ 2.95, and I've scoured the Martin FTP for any drivers that might work.
Go to Top of Page

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  13:56:53  Show Profile
email us @ controllersupport@martin.dk

Go to this page and have the remote application installed and ready.
http://www.martin.com/controllersupport/contact.html

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000