M2GO/M2PC/M-TOUCH Hardware
 Fader and Buttons Issue
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jan

6 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2014 :  01:38:23  Show Profile
Hi guys,

since a couple of days I have a strange issue with our M2Go.
After around one hour of useage the Faders and Buttons stop working.
The System keeps on running (I can go/release cues via the top bar) DMX in with DMX merge keeps on working as well.

After reboot everything works normally for some time, Diagnostics show nothing.

Console went out over last week to another Club, they sweared nothing happend with it over there. Could the issue be caused by some Kind of water damage?

Best regards
Jan

Ps.: We are located in Germany
Pps.: Loved your booth at PLS and the show at Club Gibson.

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2014 :  05:41:57  Show Profile
i had this problem and randomly keep getting it, but if you update the firmware on everything that should correct the issue. the other thing to ensure is that you are not using USB 3, or that the power on the USB ports don't automatically power off...

the firmware is probably the same as the one already loaded, but re-install it and everything should be good.
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2014 :  05:43:04  Show Profile
i have a feeling that it varies from computer to computer...
Go to Top of Page

Jan

6 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2014 :  09:29:49  Show Profile
@Big_Dave I will try that
I don't really get the comment on USB3 or the Power on the USB Ports, that shouldn't be an Issue with the M2Go working with CPU on and not as a wing.

At Saturday/Sunday show DMX in also stopped at the end.
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2014 :  14:34:03  Show Profile
the M2Go has known issues using a USB3 Port. so it goes to say, don't use a USB3 port...lol

regarding the power, Windows 7/8 automatically shuts off the USB ports if it deems a port inactive. o you need to go into your device manager, go to USB ports, select each of the drivers, right click, go to properties, and under power management, make sure that "allow my computer to....." is unchecked.

just keep re-installing the drivers with every new software update. it seems to fix and weird anomaly's with things dropping out...
Go to Top of Page

Jan

6 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2014 :  17:24:22  Show Profile
@Big_Daws thanks a lot, I reinstalled the Drivers and ran a test for a couple of hours. Seems to be working now.
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2014 :  01:58:24  Show Profile
no probs. just also be warned as a side note that sometimes that if the console has been off for while you still may notice a glitch or two with a drop out, or the touch screen not being responsive or does something weird, just re-install the firmware on the console and all will be good again! :)

glad it all panned out for you! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000