Other
 Non-Controller related topics
 SCX 700 Alignment Problem
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adonex

1 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2014 :  21:40:30  Show Profile
So, its my first time ever purchasing a martin product. I bought four SCX 700's off ebay. All was working fine until a couple of days ago. one of my units colour wheels went out of alignment. I opened up the unit and saw that the timing belt was frayed and was about to snap so i thought that was the problem. Replacement belt arrived today, installed it (which was not easy) and then plugged everything in. no COER warnings so i thought it was going to be fine. as soon as the lamp struck i saw that the colour wheel was still putting out half colours and not aligned correctly, so i opened up the unit and watched it reset. it all reset fine and the colour wheel went into the correct home position but as soon as the light started doing some of its preset shows, the half colours started again. i went into the "MAN" menu and cycled through the options until i got to colour wheel scroll. at this point i hit the enter button and the colour wheel started to jitter very fast back and fourth. I gave it a push and it started cycling through the colours for a while until it stopped and started jittering again. i repeated pushing it once more and it got stuck almost immediately which tells me it could be something to do with the stepper motor but i'm not sure.

As you can tell from this long winded explination it is very frustrating...any input on what it could be will be greatly appreciated. [:)]

Cheers,

Euan
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000