Controllers
 Martin M-PC installation support
 Multiple Users
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Napkinbob

6 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  22:01:51  Show Profile
We share a venue with another Church. our programming is is somewhat more advanced, so we'd like to keep seperate show files. I thought by setting up a second windows (7) user account, it would also keep our show files seperate. But M-PC won't even load on the second user account. It still loads fine in the original, but just hangs at 'loading' when I try to load a show or create a new one.

Has anyone tried to set this up. I need to isolate one program from the other. I had hoped that a separate user account would prevent them from accidentally loading my show (clicking continue). The only thing they need to share is patch info.

Any advice?

Administrator

3932 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  22:42:41  Show Profile
M-PC doesn't work that way, the database is installed per user account. So what you are trying to do specifically doesn't work.
You can start shows by double clicking the show file, why not make shortcuts on the desktop per file?
Go to Top of Page

Napkinbob

6 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2014 :  15:50:02  Show Profile
Thanks Mathias,

So just to clarify, once the software is installed under one user, it can't be run under another user account I suppose?

I didn't know about running it right from the Show File. That might be my best option.

I was also trying to avoid someone else overwriting my show with theirs, but I might have to do that by just automatically backing it up... often.

What information, besides the patch, is shared between show files?
Go to Top of Page

Big_Daws

290 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2014 :  09:47:03  Show Profile
nothing is shared between showfiles...from what i read into what Matthias is saying, is that everyone have separate showfiles to work off...you can use the same showfile, have everyone build off it and save it as a different file name...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000