Controllers
 Martin M-PC installation support
 Mpc Install new verson Fail MxMemory
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobbythedog

32 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  01:07:15  Show Profile

I've Been having these problems with installing mpc. Sometimes i'm getting - Cannot delete service or theres a problem with this installer package. I've tried uninstalling mpc fully and using Paul Pelletier's Clean MPC software. I'm Using Windows 8 64bit

I've also tried installing on a friends computer, it went fine on the administrator's account but since its for a school he has to have Family Safety on with the Tech General Account.

It has problems with the Firewall, can't make a exception. There's a problem with this installer package with the firewall - He's Using Windows 8.1.

Does Anyone have any Suggestions - Much Appreciated.

Paul Pelletier

10024 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  04:38:17  Show Profile
Hello Reuben,

You must have administrator rights to install and run M-PC.

Without this it will never work.

Go to Top of Page

Administrator

3932 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  18:42:01  Show Profile
The firewall changes are needed for Maxnet to function. You could try to start the installer by right clicking and using "run as administrator" but we cant guarantee it will work.
We don't make the Windows security rules, but they are there for good reasons and the system needs certain security level to use a program like M-PC.
Windows 8.1 is fully supported and used by many, including Paul and me. There is no general problem with it, it actually works really well.

Contact us at controllersupport@martin.dk so we can tell you how to send us an installer log and help you troubleshoot it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000