Other
 Non-Controller related topics
 SCX700 Random Reset
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jcolafrancesco

56 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2014 :  05:28:32  Show Profile
Just as the topic title says, I have a couple of SCX 700 fixtures that seem to be resetting at random. The fixture acts like it is losing power for a split second. The display doesn't flash or anything but the fixtures just start resetting and the lamp goes off. A normal reset doesn't kill the lamp which is why I think it's losing power. It happens with the lamp on and off. It happens when I am sending DMX and when unplugged from dmx. Regardless, I changed all my scx fixtures to the same dmx address and ran some tests. The other fixtures didn't reset so its not a dmx signal telling the fixture to reset.

It doesn't happen all the time and sometimes I can go a hour with normal operation and no resets. Then sometimes it resets and keeps resetting every 30 seconds. Very random and very strange. Also the two fixtures that are doing it are two of 8 in the same dmx chain. And those two do not reset at the same time or anything. They just both do it and random times.

Anyone have thoughts on where to start? I was thinking either a fixture software update or a transformer swap. Wondering what else might help narrow down the issue.

Thanks
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Martin User Forum (closed) © 2017 Martin Professional Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000